Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our Spiritual Community!
Unity is an inclusive and accepting spiritual movement teaching and living principles that are life-enhancing, affirmative, and practical.
As you pursue your path to membership we encourage you to explore the Universal Spiritual Truths we teach, enjoy fellowship with other like-minded individuals, and know that Unity Fort Worth is a place of unconditional love for you and for all people.
What Membership at Unity Fort Worth means
- You are able to vote on church matters
- You can experience a deepened commitment to your spiritual growth
- You will be more informed as a vital part of our vibrant spiritual community
- You are part of a global spiritual movement that acknowledges the essential divinity within all people
Requirements for Membership
- To have attended Unity Fort Worth for three months or more
- To attend the Membership Classes
- Sign the membership covenant and attend the spiritual baptism for new members on New Member Sunday
Membership classes include a time of introduction, questions and discussion, an opportunity to find out more about the Unity Movement and the history and activities of Unity Fort Worth, and a time to explore your own role and gifts.
The classes are interactive with time for small group discussion, watching videos, and informative sharing by our ministers.
When Do Membership Classes Take Place?
Membership Classes and New Member Sunday take place twice a year, in the Fall and Spring. Full details are available on our website and at the Information Center.
To enhance your experience of Unity Fort Worth we recommend the following:
- Participate in Sunday Services as often as possible.
- Visit and browse our website and bookstore.
- Get involved in one or more of our ongoing classes, programs and events.
- Meet your senior minister, Rev. Paul John Roach and associate minister, Rev. Bruce Verkruyse.
- Contact the office for additional help and information..
As a new member of Unity Fort Worth I willingly enter into this covenant with God and my spiritual community.
- I commit to deepen my relationship with God.
- I awaken to the truth that we all are divine human beings of infinite possibility and I commit to do my utmost to honor this truth.
- I endeavor to practice the universal spiritual principles of Truth.
- I choose to support Unity Church of Fort Worth through my gifts of time, talent, and treasure for it is in giving that we all receive.
- I commit to do my best to develop my spiritual life through study and regular practice of affirmative prayer and meditation.
- I agree to welcome new people to Unity Fort Worth as I am guided.
- I joyfully acknowledge Unity Fort Worth as my spiritual home.